Updates from the CLT Center
Land Trusts and Community-Based Agriculture: We had a great turnout for our webinar on March 14th. You can find recordings in both English and Spanish on our event page -- along with PDF copies of the presentations.
CLTs in the News
- An Indigenous Community Land Trust Is Creating Housing Through #LandBack, Emily Nonko, Next City, March 23, 2023
- Gentrification is washing over America’s wealthiest cities. Here’s how Uphams Corner held back the tide. David Scharfenberg, The Boston Globe, March 20, 2023
- Selina Mack, Longtime Director of Durham Community Land Trust, Retires, Seven Wenn, Indy Week, March 3, 2023
- Nonprofit buys Chinatown homes to keep them affordable — and preserve history, Simón Rios, WBUR, February 21, 2023
- Could land trusts help solve Ontario housing-affordability crisis?, Kelsey Rolfe, TVO Today, February 15, 2023
- National Farmers Union encourages land donations for Community Land Trusts, National Farmers Union (Canada), February 7, 2023
- Boston Farms creates community wealth, fosters food enterprises through shared land, Kresge Foundation, January 10, 2023
- Press briefing by the leadership of Keekonyokie Community Land Trust (Kenya), Elveza Media, December 31, 2022
The Center for Community Land Trust Innovation is a not-for-profit nongovernmental organization established in 2018 to promote and to support community land trusts and similar strategies of community-led development on community-owned land in countries throughout the world.
The Center provides the following services: (a) collecting and curating historical materials documenting the origins and evolution of the worldwide CLT movement; (b) conducting, cataloging, and disseminating academic and non-academic research; (c) producing case studies, directories, guides, and other educational materials; and (d) providing training, referral, and technical assistance for organizers and practitioners working with CLTs and similar strategies for the equitable and sustainable development of place-based communities.
The Center publishes books and monographs under its trademarked imprint: Terra Nostra Press.