Updates from the CLT Center
- Thanks! A message from our board president, John Emmeus Davis, to thank all the folks who made 2021 a successful year, despite all the challenges.
- World CLT Day video: We've posted a freshly edited compilation of videos and photos on our World CLT Day archive page.
- Wrapping up the CLT Festival: The CLT Center presented our final two webinars on December 2nd and 7th -- check out the recordings and materials on our CLT Festival archive page.
- On Common Ground: The American Planning Association just published a book review of On Common Ground, by our imprint Terra Nostra Press.
CLTs in the News
- Community Land Trust Brussels receives World Habitat Gold Award (12/16/21)
- Can this innovative housing model help solve California’s affordable housing crisis?, PBS Newshour (12/11/21)
- Housing Can Be Made More Affordably and More Equitably, National Association of Realtors, November 3, 2021
- The Sanders Institute releases video on the Champlain Housing Trust (11/3/21)
Impactful Development and Community Empowerment
The fourth in our monograph series, with seven essays exploring the debate between going to scale versus giving power and voice to the community served by a CLT.Read More
Community Land Trust Applications in Urban Neighborhoods
The third book in our monograph series, with eight essays focusing on projects and uses of the community land trust in dense urban neighborhoods within larger cities.Read More
On Common Ground
On Common Ground: International Perspectives on the Community Land Trust is a collection of twenty-six original essays, written by forty-two scholars and practitioners from a dozen countries, tracing the growth and diversification of the international community land trust movement.Read More
La inseguridad de la tenencia de la tierra en América Latina y el Caribe
The first in our monograph series, which focuses which focuses on the pernicious problem of land tenure insecurity in Latin America and the Caribbean.Read More
Why Community Land Trusts?
Why Community Land Trusts: The Philosophy Behind an Unconventional Form of Tenure, is the second in our monograph series, with six essays exploring various ethical, political, and practical justifications for the community land trust.Read More
Get on the CLT Center Mailing List!
The Center for Community Land Trust Innovation is a not-for-profit nongovernmental organization established in 2018 to promote and to support community land trusts and similar strategies of community-led development on community-owned land in countries throughout the world.
The Center provides the following services: (a) collecting and curating historical materials documenting the origins and evolution of the worldwide CLT movement; (b) conducting, cataloging, and disseminating academic and non-academic research; (c) producing case studies, directories, guides, and other educational materials; and (d) providing training, referral, and technical assistance for organizers and practitioners working with CLTs and similar strategies for the equitable and sustainable development of place-based communities.
The Center publishes books and monographs under its trademarked imprint: Terra Nostra Press.