Lincoln Institute asks for viability study for the CLT under Brazilian law.
- July: 5-day workshops with members from the Fideicomiso de la Tierra Caño Martín Peña to discuss the CLT model in the favelas of Rio de Janeiro.
- August: The Favela-CLT permanent Working Group is formed.
- December: First workshop at Trapicheiros community.
First workshop at Esperança community.
Pandemic strikes. Interruption of face-to-face activities at the communities.
- April: Favela-CLT Project launches video, website and Facebook page
- May: The CLT model is discussed in Rio’s new urban Master Plan, and included in the final text.
- July: First National Seminar on the Favela-CLT
- September: Public Hearing on the CLT is held at Rio de Janeiro’s City Council.
- December: First Brazilian law that acknowledges the CLT is approved.
- February: Mobilization activities at the pilot communities are resumed.
- April: National seminar on collective land tenure.